1/2 cup Carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Fennel, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Broccoli
1/2 cup Parsley, torn (optional)
1/2 - 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese
1/2 ea Avocado, thinly sliced
1.5 lbs. Ground Beef
4 ea. Brioche Bun
t.t. Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat grill (for the burgers).
2. Wash all vegetables thoroughly. Prepare the ‘slaw’- cut the carrot, cabbage, fennel, red cabbage, and broccoli into thin slices. Place in a bowl and toss with the River House Honey Dijon Dressing (remember to shake the dressing well before using)! Add parsley (optional) and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until you are ready to assemble the burgers.
3. Form the ground beef into 4 equal burgers (approx. 6 oz each).
4. Grill the burgers to your desired taste. While burgers are cooking, toast the buns on the grill as well!
5. Cut the avocado into thin slices. Set aside with the ‘slaw’ until you’re ready to finish the burgers.
6. When the burgers are almost cooked, top with cheese.
(feel free to substitute any other cheese).
7. Put the burgers together! Assemble (from bottom to top): bun, avocado, burger, slaw (with more dressing if you’d like!), and top bun. If you would prefer, you can always enjoy the slaw as a side dish!
8. Enjoy with a side salad, or French fries!
Yields 4 burgers