1/2 lb Italian Sausage (can be spicy)
1/2 cup White Sauce
2 ea. Garlic Cloves, diced
1 cup Asparagus, sliced
1 cup Lacinato Kale, torn
1 cup Basil, torn
1/2 - 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup Corn, fresh, off the cob
t.t. Herbs (garnish), torn
t.t. Salt and Pepper
1 ea. Pizza Crust*
1. Preheat oven according to the *Pizza Crust Instructions.
You can also use pita bread (or similar) for smaller, individual pizza pies. Scale ingredients accordingly if you choose to do this.
2. Wash and clean all vegetables.
3. Cut the asparagus into slices (small circles), and take the corn of the cob. Set aside in a medium bowl.
4. Break up the Italian sausage into small, uneven pieces - just remember that this pizza will cook quickly, so you will not want them to be too large!
5. Remember to shake the dressing well before using, and toss the lemon, garlic, corn, asparagus, and kale with the River House Chive & Cheddar Dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Spread White Sauce liberally on the unbaked crust. If you want to use more or less, go ahead, you’re the chef! We have chosen to use a small amount because as the pizza bakes, the Cheddar and Chive dressing will also act as the sauce!
7. Arrange the dressed toppings on the pizza. Make sure to spread out the toppings. Arrange the Italian sausage pieces on top of the other items.
8. Bake the pizza according to the crust manufacturer’s instructions.* If you have decided to use pita bread, you can bake the pizza (on a foil-lined pan) for approximately 10-15 minutes at 450F.
9. When ready, remove the pizza from the oven and garnish with fresh basil.
10. Cut into slices and enjoy! This pizza will pair very well with an Oregon cider or hoppy beer!