Cauliflower, Pear, Hazelnut & Blue Cheese Pizza
1 cup River House Blue Cheese Dressing
1 ea. Cauliflower
1 ea. Lemon Zest
2 ea. Garlic Cloves, diced
1 ea. Bosc or D’anjou Pear
1 cup Lacinato Kale, torn
1/2 - 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup Toasted Hazelnuts, crushed (garnish)
t.t. Herbs, torn (garnish)
t.t. Salt and Pepper
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 ea. Pizza Crust*
1. Preheat oven according to the *Pizza Crust Instructions. You can also use pita bread (or similar) for smaller, individual pizza pies. Scale ingredients accordingly if you choose to do this.
2. Wash and clean all vegetables.
3. Cut the cauliflower and pear into your desired shape – just remember that this pizza will cook quickly, so you will not want them to be too large!
4. In a medium bowl, toss the pear with the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest.
5. Use River House Blue Cheese Salad Dressing as the pizza sauce. Shake well and spread liberally on the unbaked crust.
If you want to use more or less, go ahead, you’re the chef!
6. Arrange the toppings on the pizza. Make sure to spread out the cauliflower, pear, kale, and mozzarella. Season the pizza with salt and pepper if you would like to.
7. Bake the pizza according to the crust manufacturer’s instructions.
* If you have decided to use pita bread, you can bake the pizza (on a foil-lined pan) for approximately 10-15 minutes at 450F.
8. When ready, remove the pizza from the oven and garnish with toasted hazelnuts and fresh herbs.
9. Cut into slices and enjoy! This pizza will pair very well with an Oregon cider or dry white wine!