Greek Feta ‘Portobello Burger’
1 cup River House Greek Feta Dressing
4 ea. Large Portobello Mushroom ‘caps’
2 ea. Red Pepper, seeded
1 ea. Tomato, thinly sliced
2 ea. Garlic Cloves, diced
1 ea. Fennel
1/2 cup Parsley, torn
1 cup Basil, torn
1/2 ea. Red Onion, sliced
1/2 - 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
t.t. Salt and Pepper
As needed Olive Oil
1. Preheat grill (for the burgers).
2. Cut the fennel into thin slices; seed the pepper and cut into large strips. Place in a medium bowl and toss with olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Place the pepper and fennel on a foil lined sheet pan and roast until softened and lightly golden. When finished, set aside until you are ready to assemble the burger.
3. Clean the mushrooms, brush with olive oil.
4. Grill the mushrooms (cap side down) for 3-4 minutes. When you flip the mushrooms, put a generous portion of the River House Greek Feta Dressing in the ‘cap’ of the mushroom. Remember to shake the dressing well before using. Toast the buns on the grill as well! The mushroom will only need a few more minutes to finish heating through.
5. Clean and ‘tear’ the herbs. Set aside.
6. When the ‘burgers’ are almost cooked, top with the cheese (feel free to substitute any other cheese, or omit altogether).
7. Put the burgers together! Assemble (from bottom to top): bun, Portobello ‘burger’, red pepper, fennel, red onion, herbs, and top bun. Feel free to add more dressing if you would like to!
8. Enjoy with a side salad, or French fries!
Yields 4 burgers